Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Winter, round II

Just got back from Wal-Mart and I was pleasantly surprised--it wasn't at all crowded. That's a BIG surprise, seeing as how tomorrow's forecast calls for snow, sleet, freezing rain, pigs flying, etc. I was nervous about going to the store because I didn't want to get all caught up in the rush for bread and milk. The horrifying thing is, I really needed to buy milk. Why does that always happen when snow is predicted? I feel the need to explain myself to the cashier: "But I REALLY DO need milk! I'm not like the others!!"

But this whole break-and-milk thing got me thinking: why is it always bread and milk that people run out to buy when there's the threat of a few flakes? To my notion, there are more important things needed:

- adult beverages and plenty of 'em
- Swiss Miss hot cocoa mix
- tea bags
- toilet paper
- frozen pizza
- dvd movies
- tabloid newspapers or a trashy novel
- a working lighter (for the fireplace!)

Did I forget anything?

1 comment:

Karen said...

i'm with you but my list would be more like this: Coke, gummies, chips, pizza & carrots