Sunday, January 21, 2007

Powerball fever

I see no one hit the Powerball last night and that the next drawing will be for roughly $240 million. In my previous radio stint as part of the Oldies 93 Breakfast Bunch, we had the discussion about our individual "lottery thresholds." That's the amount that Powerball has to get to before you're willing to plunk down your hard-earned cash on a ticket. For example, I know some folks won't even consider playing until the jackpot's at least $100 million. What--$15 million's not good enough for you? Heck, even $1 million invested properly could last the rest of my life. Hmm...$240 million? Think I'll break down and go buy that ticket now.

3 comments:

HotChildInNYC said...

You would just blow it all on pork rinds and beer. ;) No, wait, you're an educated woman. Perhaps you could endow a department at Western Carolina: the Garth Brooks Chair for the Study of the Deconstruction of Country Music Lyrics. Help us Yankees understand what the hell you're singing about.

Leanne Petty said...

I hate pork rinds!! And Garth Brooks? Why, that's just "shameless."

HotChildInNYC said...

Need I point out that you owe your husband and kid to that song??? With a little help from your own personal Yankee Yenta, of course.