Tuesday, January 16, 2007

feed that baby a chip!

I hate Wal-Mart, but it's a necessary evil. They trap you into going simply by having the lowest grocery prices anywhere. So every week, I suck it up, get in the car with my shopping list and travel a mile down the road to the Super Wal-Mart, which must be the modern day equivalent of the town square. You see all types of people there. Most of them, it seems, like to stand around looking like rats lost in a maze, blocking the aisles with their carts while they ponder which way to go. Despite all its inconveniences, Wal-Mart's a great place to people watch, and today I saw something I've never seen before.

Now I've grown accustomed to seeing idiotic parents let their babies and toddlers swill down caffeinated soft drinks (hey, I said I've gotten used to it, NOT that I like it!), but this was the absolute end. A mom was pushing her baby -- yes, BABY -- through the grocery section and the child was sitting up in the front of the buggy, happily chowing down on a can of Pringle's potato chips that the mom apparently had just gotten off the shelf and opened up for the kid!

I hope that this is an isolated incident. Are some parents really that dumb? No wonder our kids are fat.

No comments: