Monday, February 19, 2007

Whizzing thru Wal-Mart

My BFFL Jodie e-mailed me the other day and yelled at me for not posting in a week. She lives outside New York City and I explained to her that not as much happens around here as in the Big Apple. But, boy, all you need to do to find some action is take a trip to Wal-Mart. Yesterday I found another curious phenomenon, these shoes called Heelies. Apparently they're all the rage with kids, but the thing that gets me is the parents who actually allow their kids to whiz around a busy big-box store on these things. I nearly got run over between the frozen foods and bread aisle when a pre-teen boy wearing Heelies rounded the corner at top speed, towing his mom's grocery cart behind. I try to always look for something positive, however, and I would like to point out that the kid did say "excuse me" when he realized he'd almost clocked me.

OK, so it's not New York!

No comments: