Monday, February 5, 2007

The death of common sense

The near record-breaking cold snap and bitter winds we're experiencing has caused me to pull the hood of my coat a little tighter and to look downward whenever I'm outside. This looking downward, consequently, has me paying more attention to people's feet. And you know what I'm seeing? People-- mostly women-- wearing FLIP FLOPS. I know this is North Carolina and you can get away with showing your piggies legitimately nine months out of the year. But this if February and it's freakin' cold outside! If you're making a fashion statement, the statement is, "I'm incredibly dumb, even though I think I look really cool wearing unseasonable footwear." Along with the flip-flop phenomenon is another thing I don't get: the lack of socks and other types of hosiery. Even though we're in the dead of winter, I still see women going around in dresses without any pantyhose on. What is that? No wonder our hosiery mills are all shutting down. You without those socks or hose: I hope you feel at least a twinge of guilt!

No comments: